Functional Medicine Evaluation in Rochester Hills
Get the treatment you need, personalized to you with a functional medicine assessment.
Functional medicine is an approach to healthcare that focuses on identifying and addressing the root causes of diseases and imbalances within the body. It views the body as an interconnected system, where all parts and processes work together to maintain health.
In contrast to conventional medicine, which often focuses on managing symptoms and treating specific diseases, functional medicine aims to restore and optimize the body’s natural function. It takes into account a person’s genetic makeup, lifestyle, environment, and unique biochemical individuality.
We utilize a patient-centered approach, emphasizing the importance of the doctor-patient relationship and spending significant time with patients to understand their medical history, lifestyle factors, and current health concerns.
What is a functional medicine assessment at Forum Health?
After a thorough evaluation and often after the advanced testing is done, we use a combination of conventional medical techniques and complementary therapies, such as nutrition, exercise, stress management, and targeted supplementation.
Functional medicine can address a wide range of chronic health conditions, including autoimmune disorders, hormonal imbalances, gastrointestinal disorders, metabolic disorders, cardiovascular diseases, mental health issues, and many others. By identifying and addressing the underlying causes of these conditions, functional medicine aims to promote long-term health and well-being rather than simply alleviating symptoms. It strives to support the body’s innate healing abilities and optimize overall health.
Benefits of Functional Medicine
- A team of experts working together to address the root cause of your symptoms VS one doctor who only treats your symptoms.
- Health-centered and patient focused VS disease-centered and doctor focused.
- Personalized care tailored to your unique needs VS everyone is treated the same.
- Cutting-edge, personalized lab work, advanced testing and imaging VS basic testing that fails to provide the full picture of health.
- Preventative approach VS reactive approach.